I was nominated by the lovely Ariana @ The Quirky Book Nerd. Thank you so much for nominating me!
◊ Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
◊ Put the award logo on your blog
◊ Answer the 10 questions sent to you
◊ Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer
◊ Nominate 10 blogs
1. What are some new releases you are most looking forward to in 2016?
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Throne of Glass #5 by Sarah J. Maas
Just to list a few 😀
2. What is you favorite under-hyped book?
I’m going to go with Jackaby by William Ritter. It’s like a combination of Sherlock and paranormal. A lot of people who have read it says it’s a cross between Sherlock and Dr. Who. If you like anything Sherlock Holmes, you’re definitely going to love this book.
3. What is one thing (activity, song, movie, etc…) that always makes you happy no matter what?
Whenever I’m feeling under the weather, I love to draw and/or listen to music. It always takes my mind off for a little while and brings joy to my heart.
4. Do you prefer series or standalone novels?
Series! Series series series! I love series. Many times, when I read a standalone, I’m left unsatisfied because I WANT MORE. Normally, series don’t do that to me because I know there will be another book after it.
5. Do you play video games? If so, what are your favorite games to play?
I don’t play video games often. In fact, I haven’t played a video game in over two years. But when I used to play, I loved playing Mario Kart Wii or Guitar Hero with my buddies. Dang that Rainbow Road. It made me lose. Every. Single. Time!
6. What is your favorite song of all time?
Don’t make me choose! No! I cannot! I love many songs, and I can’t have just ONE all-time favorite. I love them all! Some of my most recent favorites, however, are Nine in the Afternoon by Panic! At the Disco, Hello by Adele (shocker), and Let It Go by James Bay.
7. If you could have any fictional animal as a pet, what would you choose?
I would say a dragon, but those animals proved to be more responsibility than I can handle at the moment so… *cough Game of Thrones cough*
…I’m going to go with unicorns. They’re basically pure magic in the form of a horse (plus a horn).
8. What 2016 movies are you most looking forward to seeing?
Captain America: Civil War
Again, just to name a few 🙂
9. What book or series would you recommend to someone who says they don’t like to read, and why would you choose that book or series?
I’m assuming that I’m not allowed to the Harry Potter series or the Percy Jackson series, so I’m going to choose the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. It’s action-packed, suspenseful, and humorous at times. A book with an bad-ass assassin and magic? Yes, please! Plus, many of my peers who claimed that they don’t like to read loved Throne of Glass when I recommended it to them.
10. What is your absolute favorite quote?
I have many favorite quotes, and one of them is:
“Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it.”
– J.K. Rowling
(If you have already been nominated for this award, you don’t have to do it again.)
1. What is one book you planned to read in 2015 but didn’t? And why?
2. Favorite actor/actress? Singer/band?
3. What is the prettiest book you own?
4. Any weird traditions you do with your friends?
5. What book would you want a sequel to?
6. Dogs, cats, or bunnies?
7. Which book(s) would you like to see on the big screen?
8. Any book-ish pet peeves?
9. What is your favorite word and why?
10. Which book or book series do you think is over-hyped?
Until next time….