I was nominated by Heather @ The Sassy Book Geek. Thank you so much for nominating me! These past couple weeks have been a little rocky, but I’m hoping to get back into the swing of things, starting with this blog post.
This award is given to smaller bloggers to help gain recognition and also bring the book community closer together.)
1. Acknowledge the blog(s) that nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
5. Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
WARNING: This post is longer than all my posts from last month combined and contains more gifs that neccessary.
1. Who is your favorite super hero and why?
As a young child, I looked up to Wonder Woman. Now, my favorite superhero would probably be Thor (would he be considered a superhero? He’s a god, according to Norse mythology, but Marvel made him into superhero so…). He’s pretty freaking awesome. I mean, just look at him!
2. What is your favorite fictional world, besides Hogwarts? (Sorry but that’s probably a majority of people’s answers and I want you to think outside the box, I know I’m evil)
Dang it! I can’t use Harry Potter…. Well, I’m going with the next generic answer and say Camp Half Blood from the Percy Jackson series. With all the crap that all the kids go through together, friendship bonds are tight. Plus, there’s training and competition. In a way, it’s like those frat houses in college, but for teens.
3. What’s your favorite book that got turned into a movie/TV series?
I’m assuming I can’t say Harry Potter, even though it’s my favorite series of all time. Between movies and books, I tend to enjoy the books more than the movie adaption. One of the only books where I enjoyed the movie almost as much as the book was The Help by Katherine Stockett. I think they didn’t leave any important details out, and I was hooked the moment the movie started. Honestly, who puts their own crap inside a so-called chocolate pie? Pure. Genius.
4. What is your favorite sea creature?
Fictionally, one my favorite sea creatures is the lion turtle from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
If we’re talking about real sea creatures that exist, then my favorite would be the sea turtle, without a doubt.
Seriously, look at how cute this creature is! ❤
5. Would you rather rid the world of “Fifty Shades of Gray” or “Twilight”?
I don’t mind Twilight as much as I mind Fifty Shades of Gray. Twilight, like many other fandoms, have haters, but Fifty Shades of Gray is just… No. Plus, Twilight didn’t bring anything bad to the world. Yeah, it seems ridiculous for those outside the fandom, but it didn’t spread STDs like Fifty Shades of Gray.
6. Tom Hiddleston or Chris Evans? (Because Shivalika gave me more evil ideas for questions)
Don’t make me chooooooose! But if I had to…. Gah! I don’t know. Both. Can I have both? No? You’re so cruel.
If I have to pick *takes deep, painful breath*, I’m going to say Tom Hiddleston. You can’t not like him. He makes a pretty lovable villian, and he’s got some killer dance moves.
I’ve got admit, his moves aren’t Loki. Get it? Get it? You know. Loki. Low-key. No? Ok, never mind.
7. What is your favorite kind of soda? If you don’t drink soda then what is your favorite drink?
When I can drink soda, I like to go with the basic Sprite because I can mix it with other liquids like lemonade.
If I don’t have the option of soda, I drink water because hydration is key.
8. What is your favorite snack/food that didn’t originate in your country?
As a big foodie, I don’t have just one single favorite meal/snack, but I really enjoy pasta/spaghetti, which is obviously from Italy.
9. Who is your favorite actor and your favorite actress?
My favorite actor is obviously Benedict Cumberbatch, if you couldn’t tell from my blog.
As for my favorite actress, my most current one is Daisy Ridley from the newest Star Wars episode. You have to admit, she did a superb job acting as Rey.
10. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
I’d like to think of myself as a bipetual person, but if I had to choose, I would go with dogs because I love cuddling and kisses. Also, cats sometimes hate my clumsiness. There was this one time I accidently tripped and crushed a cat’s tail while trying to catch myself. Yeah. Let’s just say I’m glad the cat missed my face. I think I’ll just stick with dogs.
11. What is your favorite movie/TV show theme song?
The most intense theme song: Game of Thrones
The most fun to hum along with: BBC’s Sherlock
The most fun to sing along to: The Big Bang Theory
1. I hate sharing my books because every time I lend one out to someone, it comes back looking like it went through a paper shredder and then used as a towel. And there are those people who don’t know what a bookmark is. PLEASE DON’T DOG-EAR MY PAGES YOU UNFORGIVABLE SON OF A NON-BOOK LOVING PERSON!
2. One of my eyes is near-sighted while the other is far-sighted. I’m not sure if that’s true, but that’s how the optometrist explained it to me when they were making my glasses….
3. I really like chocolate. Scratch that. I LOVE chocolate. Chocolate chip cookies, chocolate-dipped strawberries, chocolate bars, you name it.
4. The longest time I’ve owned book that I haven’t read has been eight months and still counting. This is reading procrastination at its finest.
5. Audiobooks have been taking over my life. Because I don’t have a lot of time to just sit down and crack open a book, I listen to audiobooks while doing my homework. It’s like multitasking, but in the best way possible. It makes doing homework a little less painful.
6. I’m seriously running out of interesting facts about myself.
7. None of my teachers or peers seem to remember my name. They always call me Jennifer. Even a certain teacher that I’ve had for over two month now still doesn’t know my name. She still calls me Jennifer, no matter how many times I politely correct her. Sometimes I wonder if I should just let her call me Jennifer.
8. I love painting, but I’m not that good at it. I’m more of a pencil and paper kind of girl. Also, I want to learn how to do digital art. I’ve tried it a couple times, but I haven’t gotten the chance to really practice.
9. My hair can’t curl. At all. You can put the curler on full blast and my hair will still stay straight. I have no clue how it does it, but it just won’t curl. On a good day, it will curl slightly, but after about 10 minutes, it goes back to being straight.
10. I have a weak resolve when it comes to books. For about two months now, I’ve been on a book buying ban. I decided it was a great idea to hang out with one of my book-loving friends in a book store. I told myself that I wasn’t going to get anything. But then we came across the two last copies of Lady Midnight, we freaked. Naturally, my friend immediately decided to buy it because she isn’t as irresponsible as I am with buying books. Me, however, debated for the next two hours whether or not I should get it. My mom finally broke my resolve and told me that it’s okay to get it, even though I have several books at home, waiting to be read. So yeah. I got it. And I’m not proud. Whatever, it’s a pretty great book.
11. I like to procrastinate. My homework, my responsibilities, my life. Yeah. I’ve been procrastinating since the beginning of time.
1. Would you rather give up eating your favorite food or reading books for a month and why?
2. Audiobooks or ebooks?
3. If you could have any job (fictional included), which job would you choose?
4. Although book burning tends to be frowned upon, what is one book/series you wouldn’t mind using as firewood?
5. What is your favorite movie of all time?
6. Favorite candy/chocolate?
7. Would you rather go on a quest with a morally ambiguous antagonist or with a conceited protagonist?
8. What’s your opinion about the controversial subject of audiobooks?
9. What is your most favorite TV show and what’s it about?
10. What is one comfort food that never fails to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?
11. Tom Hiddleston or Benedict Cumberbatch? (You can’t say both. You must choose.)
Poppy @ Poppy’s Best of Books
Windie @ Geek Apprentice
DrAwkto @ The Inky Awkto
Dilara @ Deceived by Dreams
Jenny @ Reader in a Reverie
(If you already have already been nominated for this award, you don’t have to do it again unless you want to)
Until next time….
Thank you very much for nominating me, Jessica! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome! 😀
Sorry for some of my evil questions but I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED all of your answers Jessica! I’ve never tried mixing Sprite with lemonade and now I’m super curious, I’m definitely going to try that now. I also hate giving books to people and having them returned in poor condition, I loved your description for that fact it was hilarious and it’s also so true! Thanks for answering my questions! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for nominating me! Some of the questions made me squirm because I couldn’t choose. While I was answering your evil questions, my mind was yelling at me THE WORLD IS GOING TO END! WHY ARE YOU PUTTING ME UNDER THIS KIND OF TORTURE!?! But thankfully I made it out alive, half-sane with a dash of madness. 😀
Thanks for the award, Jessica! Awe man. those are some fun facts you have given. 😀
I do the same, Sprite is my go to pop if I had to choose. I hate how some places will mark up water just to get people to spend more to be healthy. It’s atrocious. I do like mixing sprite and fruitopia together. 😀 Bubbly juice!
I took a look at your questions, and wow, that is a bit evil of you to make me choose between Tom or Benedict. Bah. Will have to muddle over that for a while.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome! It’s sad that we now have to pay for water sometimes. Anyway, I’ve put some evil questions in there, so have fun answering them. Mwahahaha!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Haha I shall. 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person