I’m still feeling a bit under the weather but I’m getting better every day. Thank you, everyone, for all the warm wishes! ❤
Since my brain is a bit fuzzy, I decided to go easy on myself this week with posting and just do something simple.
I was nominated by the lovely Marta @ The Book Mermaid. She reviews both books and movies, and her posts always make me smile. Don’t forget to check out her blog and sorry I didn’t get to this sooner!
Before we start, here are the rules:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
1. If you could own any fictional pet, what would you choose?
DRAGONS! Harry Potter, Spirited Away, How to Train Your Dragon, and Game of Thrones made me fall more in love with the flying beasts. They would definitely be difficult to take care of, but I think it would be worth it. They’re so majestic, and you can grow a strong bond with them. What more can you ask in a fictional pet?
2. What fictional character would you choose as your sidekick?
I feel like Hermione and I would be an unstoppable force (although she would probably be the protagonist and I the sidekick). She saved Harry’s and Ron’s bums more times than anyone can count. Maybe she could stop me from all my awkward encounters….
3. What’s your favourite genre?
For books, I like to read young adult fantasy novels. For TV shows, I tend to gear towards anything that has a fantastical element to it. For example, I watch Game of Thrones and Stranger Things. If it isn’t somewhat fictional, I tend to get bored. The only exception is Sherlock, but even then, it’s almost fictional how creepily perceptive the detective is.
4. Which popular author haven’t you read? Do you intend to?
I have yet to read any books by Nicola Yoon. She’s the author of Everything, Everything and The Sun Is Also a Star. I’m not sure I’m ever going to read her books because I don’t read a lot of books in the contemporary genre, but maybe when I’m in the mood I’ll pick one of her books up.
5. What’s your Hogwarts house?
According to Pottermore, I am a Hufflepuff, but I also associate myself with Ravenclaw. I like to think I’m a mix of both.
6. Which fictional item would you like to own and think you could not live without?
If there are any of those translators that can fit into your ear and can translate any language to one that you can understand, I could not live without that. I love learning new languages, but I’m terrible at speaking and understanding them verbally because learning it in class and hearing it in real time is very different. I hate how simple problems could be fixed if there wasn’t a language barrier between two people. Honestly, if I could learn all the languages somehow, that would also be great. I just love them. It’s like a stepping stone into learning different cultures.
7. Do you write/highlight on your books?
Only when I’m required to. In my English classes, it’s required that we annotate our books. Most of the time, the teachers don’t require us to highlight things (because you can easily underline whatever you want with a pencil), but sometimes they do. If I can help it, I annotate with a pencil so I can erase it later to give to someone who’s going to take the class in the future or sell it. With my own personal books, I don’t write in them at all. If I need to leave a note, I use a sticky note.
8. Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?
No. I don’t borrow books because I’m too afraid that I’ll damage them.
9. What is the strangest thing you’ve used as your bookmark?
I’ve used a multitude of objects for bookmarks, including a banana. I was eating one while I was reading but needed to go somewhere real quick but didn’t have a bookmark handy so I just stuck the banana in my book. Other times, I’ll use other books as bookmarks.
10. What’s your favourite place to read?
My bed. I can’t read comfortably anywhere else. I don’t like sitting at my desk because I always hunch over and I don’t feel comfortable enough to read in public. Frankly, I don’t feel comfortable enough to read outside my room. If I read anywhere other than my room, a family member is bound to try and talk to me. Don’t get me wrong, I love talking to my family, but when I’m reading, I want to read.
11. What’s a book-to-movie/TV show adaptation that you actually enjoyed?
Harry Potter is an obvious choice. They’re not as good as the books, but they’re pretty dang amazing.
(I stole some questions from Marta because I loved them so much <3)
1. Which fictional food would you like to try in real life?
2. Which fictional world (other than Harry Potter) would you like to live in?
3. What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
4. If you could hang out with one celebrity for a day, who would it be and what would you guys do?
5. What is your secret talent/skill?
6. Which book character would you choose to be your roommate?
7. What is the weirdest thing you’ve used as a bookmark?
8. Which book cover do you wish you can change?
9. What is something you like to do (other than reading) when you have free time?
10. Recent favorite book you’d like to recommend to everyone?
11. What is one thing you love about yourself?
(I know this isn’t 11 people, but I’ve done some tags recently and I don’t want to overwhelm my fellow bloggers with swarms of tags and nominations)
Until next time….