Hello and welcome to my blog! The name is Jessica. Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that I’m terrible when it comes to introducing myself. Plus, to me, meeting new people and even the ones you know can be awkward at times. To spare you, I’ve decided to do a Q&A instead of talk about my life because, let’s be real, I haven’t done anything interesting yet.
Tell me a little bit about yourself.
I’ve been told that if I were a celebrity, I would be Jimmy Kimmel because we both have a dry and sarcastic sense of humor. I’m a very strange person, but thankfully you won’t have to witness that in real life. If you ask each and every one of my friends what my first impression was to them, they would all respond that I was very weird.
When were you born?
Sometime between the time this planet came to existence and today minus the time it takes to learn how to read and write. That’s right. I bringing mathematics into this.
How did you get into reading?
As a kid, I hated reading with a passion. I feel like the reason I disliked reading so much was because my parents were forcing me to do so. Even my sister was forcing me to read books her level, and she’s four years older than I am. She made me read The Hunger Games when I was in third grade, and I didn’t have a clue what the heck I was reading.
Anyway, fast forward to the point where my sister strongly suggested I read the Harry Potter series. I reluctantly did, and now it’s my favorite series of all time. After that, I was reading for the joy of it.
What are some of your pet peeves?
I have too many to list on this page, but here of some of my biggest pet peeves:
- eating with your mouth open
- others destroying my books
- the squeaky noise the dry erase marker makes
- the word “moist” (IT’S A TERRIBLE WORD IN BOTH MEANING AND SOUND)
- those dang pop-up advertisements
- being bored
- love triangles (unless they are done right; *cough cough* The Infernal Devices trilogy)
- actions purely based on emotion
Favorite TV shows?
I don’t watch TV often, because that means moving my body to the living room and trying to figure out which remote control to use. Also, I tend to be very selective on which shows I watch.
- BBC Sherlock
- Game of Thrones
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
I don’t have one favorite movie. How can I choose just one? It’s like asking me to pick one ice-cream flavor. There are just so many!
- Out of all the Harry Potter movies, The Deathly Hallows part II was my favorite
- anything Disney animated
- The Imitation Game
- The Help
Favorite books/book genres/authors?
I tend to read a lot of fantasy books. I enjoy the other genres as well like realistic, historical, etc. but I like fantasy the best. For authors, some of my favorite are Sarah J. Maas, Rick Riordan, Brandon Sanderson, and Rainbow Rowell.
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- Percy Jackson series & Heros of Olympus series by Rick Riordan
- Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- and loads more!
Why start this blog?
I would say something inspirational on how I love reading and want to share the joy with the world (which I do), but because we are all about honesty here, I created this blog because I was bored.